Wednesday, June 26, 2013

20130626 Castaneda


{images by Jessica R.}
{soundtrack: Nuages ~~ Django Reinhardt}
{slide-show composed by Guillermo Mango Bajito}




I'm in Castaneda tonight. I will be in Santiago day after tomorrow and then will probably go to Finisterre. The closer I get to Santiago the more crowded the trails. I don't mind it - everyone should go for a good walk! I do miss those stretches where I could just wait a few minutes for the path to clear and then have a solitude walk, but I also like the schoolhouse chatter, and seeing the oldest people shuffle along. With the fresh people on the trail, there is a fresh energy. All the new people are reminding me the my walk will be over soon. It feels strange to think about that- for so long, the finish has been off in the hazy future and the realization that it is so close is a bit difficult to think about. I haven't had any epiphanies, but I didn't really expect any. What is difficult is the fact that for 5 weeks, my life has been getting up, looking at a map, walking, having coffee, walking, eating lunch, walking, eating dinner, talking with whoever happens to be sitting next to me, sleeping, and then walking again. How will I get through my days without a big long walk right down the middle of it?

I love you very very much.

Sent from my iPhone
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: