Friday, June 28, 2013

20130628 I made it to Santiago :D

I made it to Santiago :D

I got here around 5pm, so I will be going to the cathedral and mass tomorrow as well as to the pilgrims office to get my compostela. I did walk by the cathedral briefly, but I was exhausted and basically came straight to the hotel. I will get someone to take my picture at the cathedral tomorrow.

I feel very tired and very proud. I cannot believe what I have accomplished. It's amazing to me that I have walked 1 day less than 5 weeks with only 1 full rest day. I'm not sure I've processed it yet, though, as my feet still hurt, I am starving like always, and I still have to do laundry in the sink tonight!

I felt strangely unaffected by the cathedral and comforted by the routines of removing my hiking gear and clothes and preparing my hiking clothes for the morning like I have done for 5 weeks. The pull of Santiago stopped around Sarria, and became more of a pull of the Way than of the cathedral or location. I may feel different at mass tomorrow. But for now, the walking has become the point, as opposed to the destination, and I don't feel like I'm done. I am, however, looking forward to walking without the pack on and without any pressure as I plan on bussing it to Finisterre, dropping my pack at a hotel, and then taking meandering walks along the coast. As a matter of fact, that sounds fantastic and I can't wait!

I will send pictures tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone





Sellos




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: